Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovation (APU)
Kuala Lumpur, WP Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Ready to apply? Start here.
|Student population||Large (More than 10,000)|
About Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovation (APU)
Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU) is the ONLY Malaysian University to achieve the double distinction of achieving the QS “5 Stars Plus” Rating as well as being Ranked in the QS World University Ranking 2024, where APU is ranked in the Top 2.2% in the World.
Facts regarding APU’s achievements in the latest QS World University rankings:
- Ranked #621-630 in the World
- Ranked No. 179 in Asia
- Ranked No.1 for International Students in Malaysia
- Ranked No.16 in the World for International Students
- Ranked Top 200 for International Faculty in the World
APU is the First Malaysian University to achieve an overall rating of Five Stars Plus in the latest QS Stars Rating awards that were presented at the QS Apple Conference on 1st Nov 2021. Five Stars Plus institutions must achieve five star ratings across all categories in addition to achieving minimum highest benchmark score by QS STARS. APU is amongst 20 universities worldwide to achieve this honour.
APU was announced as among the Highest Rated Emerging Universities in Malaysia, being rated 5-STAR (EXCELLENT Rating) under the latest SETARA Ratings by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE). APU was awarded the Premier Digital Tech University status by the Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC). APU is recognised for its commitment in offering top-notch digital technology courses and ensuring our highly-skilled graduates continue to flourish and fill future digital job demands locally and globally. Premier Digital Tech University status was awarded by the Minister of Higher Education Malaysia.
According to the latest Annual Graduate Tracer Study by Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia, 100% of APU graduates were employed by Graduation. This is not just a number, but a significant symbol of our success and pride in nurturing professionals for global careers. To date, over 80,000 alumni have embarked onto their careers worldwide.
APU is Rated No. 1 in Asia and Malaysia for Multicultural Learning Experience and its student community of more than 13,000 student from over 130 countries studying in its Malaysian campus offers a truly cosmopolitan learning environment which prepares students well for the global challenges which lie ahead. APU’s academic programmes are all approved by the Ministry of Higher Education of Malaysia and the qualifications are accredited or provisionally accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For admission requirements and intakes for each individual course/programme please refer to course details.
Courses available 96
Tuition and application fees
$ 3,594 - $ 28,755 per year
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
|Application fee (local students)||$ 35|
|Application fee (international students)||$ 167|
|Student visa fee (international students)||$ 575|
Average cost in Malaysia
The amount is indicated taking into account the average cost of food, accommodation, etc in Malaysia for 2023
APU has many options in student housing during their studying here. Students can inquire for assistance from the Institute’s Student Services department for accommodation services and making the right choice and finding the right accommodation. Students can stay APU On-Campus Residence is located within APU’s Campus in Technology Park Malaysia. The APU On-Campus Residence is equipped with 24/7 security and access card control. Students staying in the APU Residence will have access to the campus facilities directly, such as the SweatZone, Swimming Pool, Residence Lounge and more.. Students can stay in the apartments where they occupy rooms on either a a single or twin sharing basis and have access to kitchen facilities and common area. Each apartment has 3-5 bedrooms with a living room.
Condominium facilities include:
- Swimming Pool
- Convenience Stores
- 24-hour Security Coverage
Rental for each student ranges depends on student’s preferences on the room size and facilities provided. Students are also advised to pay a 2-month deposit and 1-month rental with respective cover charges upon check-in to the accommodation. However, rental rates may change from time to time.
Currently, APU offers On-Campus Accommodation & Satellite Campus Residence as the options to students.
Students can view the complete accommodation options here.
APU On-Campus Residence currently available are:
- En-suite Rooms with Common Pantry
- common pantry - stove, microwave oven, refrigerator.
- rooms have bathrooms attached - water heaters, mirrors, shelves, towel racks
Types of rooms available are designated to singular or shared living options.
- Super Premium - En-Suite Single
- Super Premium - En-Suite Twin
- Premium - En-Suite Single
- Premium - En-Suite Twin
- Standard - En-Suite Single
- Compact - En-Suite Single
- Shared Apartment with Kitchen (5 rooms per apartment)
- common kitchen - stove, microwave oven, refrigerator.
- All rooms come with bathrooms - water heater, mirrors, shelves, towel racks
Rooms in the apartment are divided into singular or shared options.
- Super Premium in Apartment - En-Suite Single (mini-fridge given)
- Premium in Apartment - En-Suite Single
- Standard in Apartment - En-Suite Single
- Standard in Apartment - En-Suite Twin
Room types are ranged to price between RM750 - RM1,080 per month, cover charge is RM400 as a one-time payment and includes a greeting pack of 1 bed sheet, 1 pillow and 1 mattress protector. A comforter is available as an add-on for RM100.
Electricity fees and laundry facilities are on a ‘Pay as you use’ basis.
Satellite Accommodation Within TPM
Satellite accommodation is within Technology Park Malaysia (TPM) and next to the APU Campus (3-5 mins walking distance from APU Campus). It has triple and twin sharing rooms with and without Air-Conditioning. Each floor has shared common bathrooms, equipped with water heaters. A Common Pantry is available at each floor and is equipped with stove, microwave oven and refrigerator. There is also a shared Study Area with WIFI (Wireless Broadband Internet) in the Study Lounge. The rental is inclusive of utilities – water & electricity. Air Conditioners can only be operated from 9 pm to 8 am. Self Service Laundry Facilities are available on ‘Pay as you use’ basis.
- Standard Room - Triple Sharing [ ST1 ] - RM 390 (USD 95)* + Cover Charge RM 280 (USD 70)*
- Standard Room A/C - Triple Sharing [ ST2 ] - RM 480 (USD 115)* + Cover Charge RM 280 (USD 70)*
- Standard Room A/C with attach/bath and Study Table - Triple Sharing [ ST3 ] - RM 590 (USD 145)* + Cover Charge RM280 (USD 70)*
Students are exposed to the opportunity to earn practical technology degrees in today’s technical subjects through its strategic campus location in TPM. It is a comprehensive center for research and development for knowledge-based industries, thus giving their staff and students the benefits to connecting with leading technology and engineering professionals, as well as technopreneurs and entrepreneurs from all around the world. APU’s campus at Technology Park Malaysia features modern glass and aluminum structure design, housing:
- Auditoriums and Classrooms
- Convenience Shop
- Engineering Labs
- IT Labs
- Computer Games Development Studio
- Green Screen Studio
- Design & Drawing Studio
- Transportation- Campus Connect Shuttle Services
- Sports and Recreational Facilities
- On-Campus Accommodations
- APU XR (META) Studio
- Cyber Security Talent Zone
- Financial Trading Centre
- Animation and VFX Studios
- School of Postgraduate Studies
- Psychology Centre
- Health Support Services
- Advertising Studio
- Industrial Design Workshop
- Erasmus+ Friends Teahouse
TPM is the ideal location for this new and contemporary campus due to its strong positioning as Malaysia’s primary hub for leading-edge and high-tech developments in a vast variety of areas. Residing in one of Kuala Lumpur’s most rapidly developing areas, TPM is well served and accessible through major highways, LRT and other forms of public transportation. APU’s new campus aims high at setting a new benchmark for its design excellence among the other Malaysian universities, combining an eco-friendly campus with an equally dynamic blend of technology and innovation to enable professional learning.
Set next to the Bukit Jalil stadium, the campus is easily accessible by public transport (bus and LRT/Metro) and taxi. Students and visitors to the APU campus can opt to travel via public transport, drive, or come on foot. Students staying in apartments within the vicinity to the campus can get here by 10-15 minutes walk or by the shuttle bus specially provided by APU.
To get to the campus by public transport, students can get down at Bukit Jalil LRT Station (Star LRT) and take APU’s shuttle bus. Alternatively, students can drive or carpool with friends. The campus is highly accessible through an extensive network of highways within the Klang Valley. It is connected via the Middle Ring Road II (MRR), Damansara Puchong Highway (LDP), Kesas Highway, Maju Expressway (MEX), North-South Expressway and the Puchong-Sungai Besi Bypass.
Large (More than 10,000)
|International students||Contact the university / college|
The College Tour
Why Choose APU?
- Engineering Degrees Internationally Recognized
- under Washington Accord
- Engineering Degrees Accredited
- by the Board of Engineers (BEM)
- Award-Winning Students
- Regular winners of both local and international competitions
- Internationally Recognized Programmes
- Premier Digital Technology Institute of Higher Learning in Malaysia
- awarded by the Malaysian Digital Economy Corporation [MDEC]
- 100% Employability
- according to Graduate Tracer Study by Ministry of Education Malaysia
- Internationally Recognized by QS
- First Malaysian University to achieve an overall rating of Five Stars Plus in the latest QS Stars Rating awards
- Over 13,000 Students
- from more than 130 countries
- More than 80,000 Graduates and Alumni
- Amongst Highest Rated Emerging Universities in Malaysia
- Rated 5-Stars under SETARA 2011, 2013 and 2019 by Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia
- Courses for IR4.0
- -FinTech, Cyber Security, Artificial Intelligence, Mechatronics, Digital Marketing, E-Business that are first-of-its-kind
- Mahyar Esteki- BSc (Hons) in Software Engineering
- I learnt so much about professional attitude for high level job positions at Asia Pacific University. Moreover, APU taught me about respect to job commitment. I think these kind of soft skills are much more significant than any hard skills.
- Noung Samboth- Bachelor (Hons) in Banking and Finance
- APU has inspired me to be part of diversity. The university shows me the beauty of different cultures and equipped me with both approaches, individual and teamwork, which I found myself I am flexible enough in my career path.
- Bibi Jehaan Naailah Ghaseeta- B.Sc (Hons) in Information Technology (specialism in Forensic Computing
- APU has not only given me the chance to study what I wanted but it has also helped me develop the essential skills I needed to secure my dream job right after graduation! Studying and working alongside with people from all over the world was a knowledge-and-exposure enriching experience. My lecturers and other staffs were very friendly and helpful. The excellent study resources and facilities provided to us were top-notch and APU always encouraged me to think "outside-the-box" and opened my eyes into a whole new horizon. I was a also proud member of the Student Welcome Team and Student Ambassadors Team. The challenges that I went through in my student life being away from my family and beloved Mauritius had actually transformed me into the independent and responsible person that I am today. I am now working in the IT Security Team of an international company in Malaysia and I'm proud to say that I'm an APU Graduate!
- Nigina Kadirova- BA (Hons) in Marketing Management
- I am very grateful to APU for training me during the whole studying period in terms of finishing course works on time and preparing for exams. It has developed a very valuable skill in me which is time management and self-discipline as well as ability to close tasks/projects on time which is super important for all of the companies out there.
- Darshini Nadarajan- BA (Hons) in International Business Management
- University is all about learning, gaining new skills and new experiences. APIIT is a place that encourages students to develop holistically. Join different clubs/societies, or start your own and see yourself grow. Remember, hiring managers are looking for skills and experiences, not just your academic results.
- Lok Chi Cheng- BA (Hons) Product Design
- I am truly grateful to every academic staff of SOMAD, and the multiracial study environment. As a student, I’ve learned a lot of practical skills from classes; as an individual, I was trained to become a better and all-rounded person. Many opportunities are given to us to gain more industrial experiences. I’ve always enjoyed these workshops and events. All of these had motivate me and lead me to what I am doing now. My job is very challenging and interesting, it requires good problem-solving skills and good interpersonal skills, which is what I’ve always been trained for. I am really thankful to my lecturers that always push me to be confident in my own potential and strengths.
- Sharon Ng Yen Peng- BA (Hons) Animation
- It was truly a wonderful experience being able to pursue a degree in Asia Pacific University, a University that was filled with talented students from different countries and warm-hearted staffs. The lecturers are willing to share their knowledges and always inspire us to become a professional artist. Many opportunities were given to us to explore and learn. The knowledge and skills taught in the class have prepared me to have the eye for details towards movement in my job.
- Teo Wai Lun- BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance with specialism in Forensic Accounting
- The ultimate three words - Unique Culture, One-of-a-Kind, and Competitive, can be used to describe APU. The lecturers are very passionate, some of them really push the students beyond the limit and whatever you able to find out from the academic notes. We are trained to be efficient, effective and critical at the same time – so that we can cope with risks and uncertainties that we will face in real working life. Speaking of my current role, critical thinking is, indeed, the most exciting thing.
- Yap Han Wen- BA (Hons) in Marketing Management
- To sum it up in one word - awesome! The lecturers are caring and passionate of their work, willing to spend time to help their students as best they can. Studying in APU has prepared me for the challenges ahead in life and in my career. I wouldn't have gotten my current job if it weren't for APU's exposure and guidance.
- Awais Farooqi- B.Eng (Hons) in Mechatronic Engineering
- Whichever industry I have been to, after my engineering degree from APU I am always valued by the proficient engineers for my practical & innovative knowledge of technology, APU has given me a virtuous platform as an engineer to work independently for the course projects. This self-governing process of earning knowledge has developed me to become a best research and development assistant to any industry for its enhancement both in technology and business-sector.
- Andrew Teh Boon Kheng - B.Eng (Hons) in Mechatronic Engineering
- APU provided me a fabulous platform to equip myself to enter the industrial world, from organizing various engineering events to managing a team. Studying at Asia Pacific University has given me a lot of memorable and happy moments. It provided many opportunities for students to learn and explore. In the university’s engineering community, IEM-APU Student Section, I was one of the committee representatives to assist in different events such as seminar coordination, industrial visit arrangements and technical workshops to skill up other studetns and so on. It was such an honour to be enrolled in Asia Pacific University and be involved in this student section, as I could develop my management skills .The student section established a bridge between our internal communities and other universities to reinforce students’ experiences during their university life. These experiences made my student life eventful and valuable during my study at Asia Pacific University.
- Tshering Deki Dorji- BSc (Hons) in Acturial Studies
- APU is the completed package to what a university should be. From passionate lecturers, some of whom are genuinely interested in making the students succeed, to a campus with all the facilities required for a fruitful college life, APU has played a critical role in shaping the person I am today. The cultural diversity of the students provided a wonderful opportunity to learn about various cultures and traditions of the world. The enthusiasm of lecturers pushes each student to reach their highest potential. It is an excellent learning institution that inculcates the spirit of competition, professionalism and hard work in their students.
- Yap Huey Ling- BSc (Hons) in Actuarial Studies
- “As the saying goes, “It’s the teacher that makes the difference, not the classroom.” The enthusiasm of APU lecturers to push their students to live up to their true potential have made the institution stand out from the crowd. Other than educating students with specific subject knowledge, some of the lecturers at APU are confident in delivering information, advice and guidance outside their own area of specialism by sharing their past experiences with the intention to motivate students to succeed in and out of the university. Meanwhile, the syllabus taught at APU do prepare their actuarial students for certain SOA professional exams. Perhaps the current actuarial program structure would have prepared their students even better for future career pathway in actuarial.”