|Living cost||USD 429 per month|
|Student population||Medium (1,001 to 10,000)|
About University of Southampton Malaysia
Our branch campus for engineering is set within EduCity Iskandar Malaysia, a dedicated hub, 1km east of the Gelang Patah Interchange on the main Second-Link Expressway. All our students and research staff benefit from the world-class facilities that make Southampton one of the best learning environments in the UK.
- Flight Simulators, a state-of-the-art facility that uses commodity-off-the-shelf technology (COTS). It is developed by students. Many third- and fourth-year group projects have been involved in developing the hardware and software for the simulator over a decade.
- National Oceanography Centre Southampton (NOCS) is one of the world’s leading centres for the development of marine technology and the provision of large-scale infrastructure and support for the marine research community.
- The University’s new supercomputer, which has the power of over 4,000 PCs, is the fastest Microsoft Windows-powered computer in Europe.
- Tony Davies High Voltage Laboratory is one of only two laboratories in the UK that provide the high-level testing and research facilities required by the UK electricity supply companies.
- Wind Tunnels used for yacht design, sail design and aerodynamics testing which is used by most of the current Formula One (F1) teams since the 1980s.
Iskandar is in the heart of Malaysia's economic zone located in southern Johor. The city of Johor Bahru is nearby to the east of the campus. Furthermore, Singapore's regional aviation hub, Changi International Airport, is a 45 minute drive away and it is just 20 minutes from Johor's Senai International Airport.
The ultra-modern EduCity Iskandar Malaysia development comprises international universities, schools and colleges as well as leisure and sports facilities. Students studying at this newly constructed campus will benefit from innovative, world-class facilities in which to study, together with health service facilities. Also a prayer room is provided for Muslim students at the accommodation building.
The world-class physical recreation and sports facilities at EduCity include
- a 12,000 capacity sports stadium with a football/rugby pitch and a 400 metre athletic track,
- aquatic centre with Olympicsize swimming and diving pools,
- courts for basketball, badminton, squash, volleyball and futsal (five-a-side).
The Malaysia campus offers of a modern and safe living accommodation with different options suitable to your personal budget. The environment is secured with CCTV surveillance and a security guard post. The International Student Village is just a few minutes walk to the campus.
First year Foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate (Non-EU) students are guaranteerd an offer of University accommodation. Students are guaranteed accommodation in both third and fourth year in Southampton.
The Malaysia campus offers a variety of accommodation options all within EduCity’s International Student Village:
- ensuite single bedrooms,
- twin bedrooms with ensuite
- 4 and 5 bedroom accommodation with a shared bathroom.
These have internet connection and there are kitchen facilities on each floor and a cafeteria on the ground floor. Other facilities include a launderette, a prayer room for Muslim students and common room space.
Courses available 10Engineering 10
Be the first one!