|Setting||Information not available|
|Living cost||Information not available|
|Student population||Information not available|
|International students||Information not available|
About University of Southampton Malaysia
Our branch campus for engineering is set within EduCity Iskandar Malaysia, a dedicated hub, 1km east of the Gelang Patah Interchange on the main Second-Link Expressway. All our students and research staff benefit from the world-class facilities that make Southampton one of the best learning environments in the UK.
- Flight Simulators, a state-of-the-art facility that uses commodity-off-the-shelf technology (COTS). Many third- and fourth-year group projects have been involved in developing the hardware and software for the simulator over a decade.
- National Oceanography Centre Southampton (NOCS) is one of the world’s leading centres for the development of marine technology and the provision of large-scale infrastructure and support for the marine research community.
- The University’s new supercomputer, which has the power of over 4,000 PCs, is the fastest Microsoft Windows-powered computer in Europe.
- Tony Davies High Voltage Laboratory is one of only two laboratories in the UK that provide the high-level testing and research facilities required by the UK electricity supply companies.
- Wind Tunnels used for yacht design, sail design and aerodynamics testing which is used by most of the current Formula One (F1) teams since the 1980s.
Iskandar is in the heart of Malaysia's economic zone located in southern Johor. We are 8km from the Second Crossing Bridge to Singapore and the city of Johor Bahru is close-by to the east of our campus. Singapore's regional aviation hub, Changi International Airport, is a 45 minute drive away and we are just 20 minutes from Johor's Senai International Airport.
The state-of-the-art EduCity Iskandar Malaysia development comprises international universities, schools and colleges, including Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia, Netherlands Maritime Institute of Technology and Raffles University Iskandar as well as leisure and sports facilities. Students studying at our newly constructed campus will benefit from innovative, world-class facilities in which to study, with modern, spacious and safe living accommodation in close proximity, together with cafés and restaurants and health service facilities. A prayer room is provided for Muslim students at the accommodation building. Alternatively, the Gelang Patah mosque is just 2.5km away.
The world-class physical recreation and sports facilities at EduCity include a 12,000 capacity sports stadium with a football/rugby pitch and a 400 metre athletic track that complies with the Association of Athletics Federation standards. There is also an aquatic centre with Olympicsize swimming and diving pools, which meet International Swimming Federation standards for water polo and synchronised swimming. An indoor arena provides courts for basketball, badminton, squash, volleyball and futsal (five-a-side).
The Malaysia campus offers a variety of accommodation options, including en suite single bedrooms, twin bedrooms with en suite and 4 and 5 bedroom accommodation with a shared bathroom, all within EduCity’s International Student Village. These have internet connection and there are kitchen facilities on each floor as well as a cafeteria on the ground floor. Other facilities include a launderette, a prayer room for Muslim students and common room space. The International Student Village is just a few minutes stroll from our campus and is in a safe and secure environment with CCTV surveillance and a security guard post.
Courses available 10Engineering 10
Be the first one!