About this course
This course is designed to provide students with an opportunity to demonstrate how the application of computer-related technology is an integral part of an efficient business environment. Furthermore, it also poses an emphasis on the understanding of how an effective computer system is a key factor in enabling a business to gain a competitive and strategic edge. Students will also be exposed to an overall consideration of how IT can be managed in the organisation. On that note as well, students will also possess a better understanding of how strategic IT frameworks can be established to enhance the capability of the organisation.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with minimum CGPA of 2.75 or equivalent as acceptable by the Senate.
Bachelor’s degree in related field not meeting CGPA 2.75 but above CGPA 2.50 in related field; can be accepted provided that candidates have at least 5 years of working experience in a relevant field.
- Information Technology Project Management
- Technology Management
- Integrated Systems Management
- Strategic Planning and Systems Development
- Knowledge Management
- Information Security Architectures
- Research Methodology
- Network Design & Performance
- Data Management
Optional Modules (choose 2)
- Internet Applications
- Enterprise Applications
* Elective modules may be pre-selected for students at the beginning of the semester. If students wish to change these pre-selected elective modules, they can choose from the available modules offered in the semester OR among the intensive delivery modules - however, such changes may prolong the study duration.
Students are encouraged to complete industry-based major projects/dissertations that are relevant to their line of work and organisation or any substantial idea from the modules taken. The project should have an emphasis on how an effective computer system is a key factor in enabling a business to gain a competitive and strategic edge. This would usually involve devising, recommending or implementing an innovative solution to an identified problem area.