About this course
APU's Master of Science in Cyber Security programme is designed to provide you an edge with the latest technologies that are in line with the Industrial Revolution 4.0.
- The curriculum covers a wide range of industry relevant subject areas in Security Operations Centre (SOC) and Incident Response, Security Auditing and Assessment, Advanced Ethical Hacking, E-Investigation, Data Analytics in Cyber Security etc.
- External reviews conducted by Cyber Security Malaysia (CSM), KPMG and F-Secure during the development of the programme curriculum.
- Programme Support by an Industry Advisory Panel involving cyber security experts from Cyber Intelligence, Cyber Test Systems, Akati Consulting Group and Cyber Security Malaysia (CSM).
- A fully-functional Security Operations Centre (SOC) that allows students to have handson cybersecurity operations platform to monitor live data which allows them to perform real-time cyber security monitoring to fortify network defense with global threat intelligence and launching faster response on cyber security incidents.
- A full-fledged Cyber Threats Simulation and Response Centre – Cyber Range is also included within the Cyber Security Talent Zone in APU. Cyber Range incorporates latest technologies and a military grade cyber-defence system, enabling students to understand and formulate defence strategies, and practice the entire chain of cyber defence, while preparing them to deal with real cyber threat attack when it happens.
- A technical project related to Cyber Security as dissertation in the final semester.
- Research opportunities for students via APU’s Forensic and Cyber Security Research Centre - FSEC.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum CGPA of 2.75 out of 4.00, or its equivalent qualification as acceptable by the Senate.
- Bachelor’s degree with CGPA 2.50 out of 4.00, but below CGPA 2.75; can be accepted with rigorous assessment (include test, interview or portfolio).
- Bachelor’s degree with CGPA below 2.50 out of 4.00, or qualification which is equivalent can be accepted with minimum 5 years relevant working experience in related field.
- IELTS 5.00
- Cyber Security
- Digital Forensics
- Digital Forensic and Cyber Security Tools
- Information Security Design
- Cyber Security & Threats
- Security Operations Center (SOC) & Incident Response
- Advanced Ethical Hacking
- Advanced Digital Forensics
- Research Methodology in Computing & Engineering
Elective Modules (Choose 3):
- Network Design & Performance
- Information Security Architectures
- Security Audit and Assessment
- Data Analytics in Cyber Security
- Applied Scripting in Cyber Security