About this course
.This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- Produce professional and dedicated Project Managers who should lead in the development and maintenance of projects based on International Standards. This programme aims to provide core skills to consultants, engineers, and executives from any industry, which includes knowledge and processes that are crucial for projects that deliver organizational values and benefits.
- The programme aims to develop skills in strategic thinking, leadership and best practices that enables more confident leaders in spear heading business initiatives and projects. In addition to meeting the needs of aspiring candidates or professionals, the programme will strengthen and develop existing project management professional’s expertise.
The Benefits of the Master Programme:
- Develop masters-level knowledge and skills in Project Management in context of employer-driven needs, emerging markets, and contemporary subject areas within the discipline.
- Extend knowledge and understanding of, and practical skills in, a range of advanced Project Management topics.
- Develop academic and discipline-specific rigour through applied scholarship.
- Build or strengthen domain-specific understanding and transferrable skills thus equipping graduates for a career in industry or academia.
- Focus on depth of study, critical awareness and evaluation in selected areas of current research and advanced scholarship within the academic discipline of Project Management.
- Develop and strengthen critical analysis, independent scholarship, and intellectual empowerment through a structured research-informed programme of studies in Project Management and through research-informed teaching.
- Use the rigour of academic knowledge development and training to develop applied practical skills for construction of computer systems in real-world contexts.
- Provide a balanced programme of study, comprising Project Management theory with the opportunity to gain practical, hands-on experience.
- Develop scholarly and professional skills within the professional, legal and ethical frameworks which govern the development of computing solutions.
- To equip you, through independent learning at a postgraduate level, for further academic study, lifelong learning, and for personal and professional development.
- Develop effective communication skills of value to academic, technical and professional environments.
• Bachelor’s degree with minimum CGPA of 2.50 out of 4.00, or its equivalent qualification as acceptable by the Senate.
• Bachelor’s degree with CGPA below 2.50 out of 4.00, or its equivalent qualification can be accepted with minimum 5 years relevant working experience in related field.
The programme comprises 13 coursework modules including Research Methodology and a project. There are 11 compulsory Core Modules and you will have to choose 2 electives from those listed.
- Fundamentals of Project Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Development and Scope Management
- Project Planning and Scheduling
- Research Methodology
- Project Cost Estimation and Budgeting
- Communication and Stakeholder Management
- Project Procurement Contract Management
- Project HR and Leadership
- Investment and Risk Management
Elective Modules (Analytical Decision Making Pathway)
- Strategic Planning and Systems Development
- Quantitative Methods for Decision Making
Elective Modules 2 (Management Pathway)
- Managing Creativity and Innovation
- Managing Organisations