About this course
This course focuses on helping students to develop ideas sometimes as 2D artwork concepts, complemented by accurate 3D digital modelling, coupled with green screen/compositing techniques. Design methodology, concept origination, speculative design, visualisation skills, life drawing, physical sketch and facsimile modelling provide traditional design skills. Students will also enjoy input from a number of practicing industry professionals who are currently working on feature films and from UK companies such as Aardman Animation.
Project work is undertaken individually or as part of a team. Students are encouraged to attend a number of industry conferences in Year 2, a crucial recruitment event for the major film, postproduction and games houses.
- Route 1: Entry to Year 1 Degree
- Successful completion of STPM with 2 full passes or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 2.0 and completion of SPM or equivalent; or
- Successful completion of A-Level with at least a pass in 2 subjects and successful completion of O-Level or equivalent; or
- Recognised Matriculation or foundation with CGPA 2.0; or
- A qualification that APIIT accepts as equivalent to the above.
All students must demonstrate that they have met the equivalent of IELTS 6.0 either through formal English language assessment or through success in prior study at “A” level or equivalent in English.
- You will be required to create a perspective drawing project of "Environment Design". The drawing must include an environment in a traditional market with people selling and buying on the scene. Please consider the use of perspective techniques for expressing your ideas.
- Route 2: Direct Entry to Year 2 Degree
- Successful completion of the relevant APIIT Diploma, or
- Successful completion of study in another recognised institution with academic credits equivalent to Year 1 of an honours degree in relevant subjects
- Digital Presentation 1 I
- Digital Presentation 1 II
- Digital Pipeline 1 I
- Digital Pipeline 1 II
- Cinema: Film Analysis
- Introduction to VFX: Visual Effects & Concept Design I
- Introduction to VFX: Visual Effects & Concept Design II
- Digital Compositing for Film
- Introduction to Graphic Design
- Future Lifestyles I
- Future Lifestyles II
- Digital Pipeline 2 I
- Digital Pipeline 2 II
- Digital Presentation 2 I
- Digital Presentation 2 II
- Set Design I
- Set Design II
- Creativity for Sound & Moving Image I
- Creativity for Sound & Moving Image II
- Negotiated Programme of Study Part A
- Negotiated Programme of Study Part B
- Team Production Project I
- Team Production Project II
- Design Project Report
- Advanced 3D Modelling and Animation