About this course
The advancement in ICT has literally changed the way businesses, trading and retailing, and banking being conducted. Internet-based or online transactions are common phenomenon in these sectors. Safeguarding organizations' sensitive and critical information is by no means an issue which is to be taken lightly. Although in Malaysia the trends in online transactions, e-banking and information security are not uncommon and are widely practiced, but the level of awareness in information and computer security is still low. The Master of Computer Science programme has been formulated to meet the aspiration and to fulfill the nation's needs for certified computer security and forensics experts. This programme is designed for working professionals and also academicians who plan to pursue advancing their knowledge in computer sciences and to be specialised in the field of information security or computer forensics.
- A Bachelor's degree with Honors or equivalent degree in the area of Computer Science or Information Technology or in a field related to the study with a minimum CGPA of 2.75; or
- Other qualifications that are recognized by the Malaysian Government to be equivalent.
English Proficiency Requirement
- International students must possess the following minimum English Language proficiency requirement before being allowed to register for Faculty courses as listed in the respective programme structures: TOEFL score of 550 or IELTS band 6.
- The validity period for TOEFL and IELTS is two (2) years from the date of the award.
- Without such qualifications, international students are required to register for and pass the Intensive English Programme. This English programme will incur additional charges apart from the respective Programme Fee.