About this course
The Diploma in Information Systems (ICT Applications) programme is geared to produce graduates equipped with knowledge and skills that are essential to work in information technology and software & information systems development sector. Graduates will be equipped with concepts and skills to solve daily business tasks and problems using IT Software solutions and productivity tools. Students will also be trained in the area of software & information systems development and database management. Graduates will have good employment prospects in various sectors ranging from banking and finance sector, software companies, IT Integrators, IT consultancy, manufacturing sector, businesses and any sector that requires ICT skills. They are also prepared to enhance their knowledge and skills through further studies at Bachelor’s Degree level in the field of Information Systems.
SPM - 3 Credits in the relevant subjects
O Level - 3 Grade C in the relevant subjects
UEC - 3 Grade B in the relevant subjects
Certificate - Relevant Certificate accredited by MQA OR Relevant Skilled/Technical/Vocational Certificate recognised by the Malaysian Government.
i) SPM Credit/ O Level Grade C in Mathematics/ UEC Grade B in one mathematics subject
ii) SPM Pass/ O Level Grade E (Pass)/ UEC Grade C in English Language*
*Grade C and above in AELE0364 English Language conducted by TAR UC is accepted as having fulfilled the English Language requirement for applicants who fail English Language at SPM/O Level/UEC level.
a) SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Melayu and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have a t least a past in Sejarah.
- Programming Concepts and Design I
- Information Technology
- Word Processing and Presentation Software
- Fundamentals of Mathematics
- Programming Concepts and Design II
- Business and Information Systems
- Web Design and Development
- Probability and Statistics
- Database Development and Applications
- Introduction to Computer Architecture
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Windows Application Programming
- Fundamentals of Computer Network
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Operating Systems Fundamentals
- Discrete Mathematics
- Industrial Training
- Elective 1
- Elective 2
- Elective 3
- Language, Mata Pelajaran Pengajian Umum (MPU) and Co-curricular Courses:
English Language, English for Communication, Bahasa Kebangsaan A, Pengajian Malaysia 2, Public Speaking, English for IELTS, Civic Consciousness and Volunteerism, Co-curricular