About this course
The tourism industry in Malaysia is one of the fastest growing industries with significant contributions to the national economy. As the sector grows, there will be a greater emphasis and commitment to expand and improve tourism products and services. This programme will involve students in the context of travel-related business, such as marketing, foreign languages as well as convention and meeting management. Special emphasis is placed on the development of interpersonal, communication and critical thinking skills. Graduates would have developed a mature understanding of their field through lectures, class discussions, case studies, field trips as well as industrial attachments.
SPM - 3 Credits in the relevant subjects
O Level - 3 Grade C in the relevant subjects
UEC - 3 Grade B in the relevant subjects
Certificate - Relevant Certificate accreditated by MQA OR Relevant Skilled/ Technical/ Vocational Certificate recognised by the Malaysian Government.
SPM Pass/ O Level Grade E (Pass)/ UEC Grade C in English Language**
**Grade C and above in AELE0364 English Language conducted by TAR UC is accepted as having fulfilled the English Language requirement for applicants who fail English Language at SPM/O Level/UEC.
a) SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Melayu and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have a t least a past in Sejarah.
- Economics for Hospitality Industry
- Introduction to Hospitality Industry
- Introduction to Travel Industry
- Marketing for Hospitality Management
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Hospitality Accounting
- Introduction to Transportation Services
- Principles of Tourism
- Geography of Travel & Tourism Industry
- Principles of Ticketing, Fares & International Travel
- Basic Management Principles
- Travel Agency and Tour Operations
- Tourism Planning
- Hospitality Law
- Convention & Meeting Management
- The Management of International Tourism
- Industrial Attachment
- Development and Management of Visitor Attractions
- Tourism in South East Asia
Language, Mata Pelajaran Pengajian Umum (MPU) and Co-curricular Courses:
- English Language, Social & Work Etiquette, Pengajian Malaysia 2, Bahasa Kebangsaan A, French Language I / Japanese Language I / Korean Language I, English for Communication, French Language II / Japanese Language II / Korean Language II, English for IELTS, Civic Consciousness and Volunteerism, Co-curricular courses