About this course
This programme provides academic and specialized practical knowledge to prepare students for entry-level positions in the fashion design industry. This programme enables graduating fashion designers to perform competitively within the local and international fashion industry, combining creative and intellectual approaches to visual-design innovations with strong theoretical and practical elements. It prepares students for positions in the fashion industry from a realistic industrial point.
(1) STPM - Grade C in 2 relevant subjects
(2) A Level - Grade D in 2 relevant subjects
(3) SAM - ATAR 70 and minimum Grade B in 2 relevant subjects
(4) UEC - Grade B in 5 relevant subjects which must include English Language
(5) TAR UC - Foundation in Arts (Track B) OR Relevant Diploma
(6) Other IHL - Relevant Foundation/ Diploma accredited by MQA
(1), (2), and (3) must include SPM Pass/ O Level Grade E(Pass)*
(1), (2), (3), (4), (5) and (6) must include **MUET Band 1 or replaced with IELTS Band Score 5.5 or TOEFL Score 550 and pass a specified portfolio test and interview conducted by TAR UC.
*Grade C and above in AELE0364 English Language conducted by TAR UC is accepted as having fulfilled the English Language requirement for applicants who fail English Language at SPM/O Level.
** Exempted for students whose programme full medium of instruction was in English.
a) SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Melayu and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have a t least a past in Sejarah.
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Fashion Fundamentals
- Figure Drawing
- Fashion Design Concepts
- Custome History
- Introduction to Art
- Basic Photography
- Fashion Illustration and Presentation
- Colour Studies
- Textiles Materials
- Fashion Image
- Pattern and Garment Constructions
- Applied Photography
- Embroidery Handwork
- Fashion Accessories
- Computer Aided Textile & Fashion Design
- Fashion Synthesis
- Fashion Retailing
- Visual Merchandising
- Fashion Design Project
- Fashion Productions
Language, Mata Pelajaran Pengajian Umum (MPU) and Co-curricular Courses:
- English Language, Pengajian Malaysia 2, Bahasa Kebangsaan A, English for Communication, Social & Work Etiquette, Civic Consciousness and Volunteerism, English for IELTS, Co-curricular
*Co-Curricular Courses can be taken in any semester of the study