About this course
Menswear Design is a highly sought profession in the international fashion world and it is gaining its momentum in the Hong Kong and Mainland China markets.
This programme explores the creative process of menswear design from research to the realization and production of contemporary fashion menswear. It encompasses style and sensibility through innovative cutting, fabric sourcing, proportion and construction in both structured and unstructured clothing, and operates across a range of market levels with an international perspective.
The objective of the program is the development of the young creative talents who plan to become professional fashion designers in the Menswear Design field. Students will find the program both practical and creative, learning through fashion shows, design competitions, master class, Industry-led projects and workplace attachment. Students will be equipped with suitable level of design and technical proficiency in the creation of an innovative and individual menswear collection.
This programme is designed with an emphasis on generic, language and communication training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation.
- Applicants with academic qualifications obtained in secondary or tertiary institutions outside Hong Kong will be assessed individually by the departments concerned.
- IGCSE, GCE, International Baccalaureate (IB) or other overseas qualifications which are comparable with the required levels of the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education will be accepted.
- IELTS overall score at 5 or equivalent
- English and Communication: Workplace Interaction
- Whole Person Development : Self-Efficacy Enhancement
- Information Technology Essentials - Design
- Creative Thinking
- Computer Aided Design in Fashion
- Fashion Drawing and Illustration
- Menswear Construction 1
- Menswear Design 1
- Menswear Flat Pattern Making 1
- Vocational Chinese Communication: Putonghua Conversation and Reports
- English and Communication: Workplace Correspondence
- Whole Person Development : Integrated Career Development
- Whole Person Development : SMART in Action
- Cultural Studies
- Digital Design for Menswear
- Menswear Construction 2
- Menswear Design 2
- Menswear Flat Pattern Making 2
- English and Communication: Reports
- Whole Person Development : Global Vision
- Aesthetics and Semiotics Expanded Studies: Studio Practice
- Menswear Tailoring
- Vocational Chinese Communication: Putonghua Presentations and Promotional Text Writing
- English and Communication: Persuasive Presentations
- Design Plus: Research Practice
- Expanded Studies: Competition Studio
- Menswear Collection Development
- Menswear Fabrication and Color
- Menswear Production
- English and Communication: Promotional Materials
- Design Plus: Workshop/Lab Practice
- Design Portfolio
- Menswear Branding and Marketing
- Graduation Project for Fashion Menswear