About this course
The programme is for students who have completed secondary school education, and want to pursue specialist product, furniture and jewellery design studies.It runs for one semester, as a common semester for all first-year Higher Diploma students studying in Product Design, Furniture and Lifestyle Product Design, and Jewellery Design and Technology. It is designed to introduce students to basic three dimensional design, creative knowledge and skills, as well as to prepare them for the next four semesters of study in their respective professional product, furniture and jewellery design programmes.
- Applicants with academic qualifications obtained in secondary or tertiary institutions outside Hong Kong will be assessed individually by the departments concerned.
- IGCSE, GCE, International Baccalaureate (IB) or other overseas qualifications which are comparable with the required levels of the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education will be accepted.
- IELTS overall score at 5 or equivalent
The 1st semester Higher Diploma in Product, Furniture and Jewellery Design (Subject Group) common foundation studies curriculum :
- English and Communication : Workplace Interaction
- Whole Person Development - Mindshift: Achieving Personal Growth & Effectiveness
- Creative Thinking
- Information Technology Essentials
- Computer Aided Design Fundamentals
- Design Drawing and Visualization
- Material and Forms
- Three Dimensional Design Studies
Remark : Students are required to complete the Enrichment Module in Semester 3 or 4.