About this course
Prepare yourself for leadership on the global stage with UCW’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) program. This ACBSP accredited program will ensure that upon finishing, you will be able to take the most challenging situations in your stride and apply practical solutions to problems you encounter. You should be able to use what you have learnt to add value to your organization.
UCW offers contemporary knowledge with the latest software and tools featuring in our program, including Salesforce (Trailhead), Tableau and IBM Design Thinking, to ensure our students are aware of industry trends and are able to make a powerful contribution to global employers upon successful graduation.
Academica Group has been surveying our MBA graduates 6 months after graduation (which will continue in 2020).
According to the January 2020 data from the graduates that participated in the study:
100% Graduate Employment within 6 Months
88% have secured employment within 3 months of graduation
67% have secured employment within a month of graduation
A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university, with a cumulative GPA of 3.00 out of 4.33 scale (or equivalent) or better and
Have one of the following:
- Acceptable score on a Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) that has been written in the last five years.
- An appropriate Canadian professional designation or equivalent international designation (e.g. CPA, CA, CGA, CMA, CHRP or P.Eng).
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (BBA) or Commerce (BComm) or equivalent.
- A minimum of three (3) years documented professional or management experience.
Applicants who do not hold all of the above academic and professional requirements may also qualify for entry to the MBA Program after completing the MBA Foundation program.
Tier 1 Analytical Foundations (4 courses)
- Managerial Accounting
- Business Environment, Ethics & Strategy
- Leadership in the Global Context
- Human Interfaces
Tier 2 – Management Principles and Practices (5 courses)
- Financial Management
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management
- Human Resource Management in the Global Environment OR Canadian Human Resource Management
- Research Methodologies and Inquiry
Tier 3 – Business Applications (4 courses)
- Consulting Practice
- Project Management
- Two (2) electives
Tier 4 – Integration and Implementation (2 courses)
- Consulting/Research Project or Strategic Management One elective
- Change of Management
- Leadership and Decision Making
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- Marketing Promotion
- International Marketing
- Investment Analysis and management
- Personal Financial Planning
- Global Financial Institutions management