|Campus setting||Information not available|
|Living cost||Information not available|
|Student population||Information not available|
|International students||Information not available|
About Bournville College
It’s not just about studying; here at Bournville College student life will really enhance your experience with us. When you join Bournville College, you become part of a community. There are plenty of activities and events to ensure you make the most of your spare time with here.
The Student Activities Team organises a range of student events throughout the year, both on and off campus. These include sports sessions and recreational activities such as Film Club or guitar lessons. Off-site, there are plenty of trips to places like Alton Towers and Warwick Castle. Other activities organised by the Student Activities Team include paintballing, bowling, ice skating and many more.
At the start of every academic year, the College holds a Freshers’ Fair, giving you an opportunity to sign up to various clubs across the College and the local community. For example, you can become a Student Ambassador, helping to promote the College to future generations whilst getting good work experience and earning money at the same time.
There is also plenty to do around the campus when not studying. You’ll have discounted rates to the fully-equipped fitness centre, which boasts a steam room, sauna and the latest gym equipment. There are also plenty of student-led activities to get involved in, and our social calendar is brimming with events to keep you occupied.
- The overall internal floor space of the campus is the equivalent of 20 Olympic sized swimming pools
- As many as 318 people per day have been working on-site since the project began in November 2009
- More than 32,747m2 of plasterboard have been used in the new college, equivalent in area to three Premiership football pitches
- 34 glulam beams have been used in the Learning and Resource Centre, each weighing 5.5 tonnes and measuring 26 meters in length
- Over 3,200m of fabric have been used in the college. This is the same length as 45 Boeing 747 Jumbo Jets
- If all IT network cables used at the campus were joined together, they could go around the world three times
- There are 736 internal doors in the college. When these are stood end-to-end this equates to 401 double decker buses positioned on top of each other
- The lowest amount of waste generated and recycled during the project was 97% and the highest 100%
- There are 4,000 chairs in the College which is equivalent to the amount of seats found on 10 Virgin Pendolino trains
The new campus is located just a few minutes’ walk away from Longbridge train station which is based on a cross city train line connecting: Lichfield – Sutton Coldfield – Birmingham New Street – Longbridge – Redditch. Trains from New Street run approximately every 10 minutes and take 21 minutes. Trains from Redditch run approximately every 30 minutes and take 11 minutes.
The College offers local homestay accommodation with one of approved host families as well as private accommodation via a private provider.
The College inspects all host families to ensure they provide a pleasant home and a good welcome. All students under 18 years old must stay with a host family until they reach the age of 18 according to birthday. The cost of staying with a host family is: £115 per week for a room with breakfast, lunch and evening meal each day or £80 per week for room only (including some household bills but no food). Host families comprise of many experienced and friendly hosts with a variety of living arrangements – couples with children; couples with no children (young couples or older couples whose children have grown up); single parents with children; single adults living alone.
If you’re over 18 and interested in living independently, you should contact BISH (Birmingham International Student Homes).
Courses available 10Creative Arts & Design 1 Education and Teaching 1 English Language 1 Hotel Management & Hospitality 1 Humanities & Social Sciences 4 Mass Communication & Media 2
Be the first one!