About this course
Web Design and Technology involves the production of web-based projects on an individual and group basis. The course covers browser and server technology, wired and wireless network systems and graphic design for various platforms. You will be able to produce state-of-the-art webbased applications for desktop and handheld devices. You will examine the technology, sociocultural and content-related issues concerning the current state and the future of the internet and competing delivery systems whilst working in teams on multi-platform projects.
- Typical offer (UCAS tariff points): 280
- A levels: To include a minimum of 160 points from 2 full A levels. There are no specific subject requirements.
- BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM
- Plus minimum of: GCSE English Language and Maths at grade C.
- Additional entry requirements: Based on your personal statement and the admissions criteria, you will be invited to an Interview Day to learn more about our courses and to view our facilities. During the Applicant Visit Day, you will have an interview to determine your suitability for the course. For the interviews applicants must present a portfolio of work. The portfolio can be a combined collection of work that you have produced to show your skills and abilities as well as your interest in your chosen degree.
- English language requirements: Minimum IELTS at 6.0 or the equivalent.