|Living cost||US$ 240 per month|
About Swinburne University of Technology, Sarawak
Swinburne’s Sarawak campus is the international branch of Swinburne University of Technology in Australia.
The campus is situated in Kuching, the capital city of the East Malaysian state of Sarawak.
The city is known for its relaxed lifestyle, clean environment, greenery and friendly people. It is only a short distance from many beautiful beaches and nature reserves.
The Sarawak campus offer courses in business, design, engineering, IT and science as well as postgraduate studies by coursework and research.
Facilities and services
Modern, custom-designed buildings house lecture theatres and halls, computer and research labs, a state-of-the-art digital resource centre, auditorium, cafeterias, student lounge and sporting facilities.
There are many recreational clubs and activities, making campus life interesting and colourful. Students living on-campus are within walking distance, or are only a short drive away, from the city centre. Many students also live in the residential areas near the campus.
The campus is only 15 minutes away from the Kuching city centre.
The campus is located along Jalan Simpang Tiga in Kuching, and is a 10-minutes’ drive from the city centre. There are many places for shopping, dining and entertainment in the vicinity of the university. For example, the Spring shopping mall is within walking distance from the campus, and is a popular haunt among students.
The University’s on-campus hostel is located along Jalan Simpang Tiga and can accommodate 478 students. Full-time international and outstation students are given priority to reside at the hostel. First-year Foundation/Degree students are encouraged to reside at the hostel. The on-campus hostel offers a conducive environment with 24-hour security and general supervision.
Rooms are furnished with:
- Bed with mattress
- Study table with shelf and chair
- Blinds / Curtain
- Air conditioning unit (optional)
The hostel blocks are furnished with:
- Hostel equipped with CCTV surveillance and door access system
- Bathrooms and toilets on each floor
- Common lounge with TV and sofa set
- Kitchen/ dining area equipped with refrigerator, gas stove and microwave oven
- Laundry facilities (coin-operated washing machine & dryer)
- 24 hour security guards on duty
- Hot and cold water dispenser
- Free wireless internet access
- Reading/visitors area
To reserve a room, a booking fee is required. Payment of rental is to be made in full for each term.
- Option A - Twin sharing with fan: RM 95.00 (RM 380.00 deposit)
- Option B - Single room with fan: RM 155.00 (RM 620.00 deposit)
- Option C - Twin sharing with air-conditioning: RM 152.50 (RM 610.00 deposit)
- Option D - Single room with air-conditioning: RM 232.50 (RM 930.00 deposit)
Off-campus accommodation is available at Tabuan Plaza apartments, located within a reasonable distance from the campus.The apartment units are equipped with security access terminal for the safety of its tenant. A complimentary shuttle service to and from the campus is provided to Tabuan Plaza. Each room is furnished with:
- single bed
- Study table and chair
- Fan and curtains
- Students share a common area
- kitchen and two bathrooms
The apartment comes with a dining set and refrigerator. Students are advised to book at least six weeks ahead and a booking fee is required.
Courses available 37Accounting and Finance 3 Applied and Pure Sciences 1 Business and Management 12 Computer Science and IT 4 Creative Arts & Design 4 Engineering 12 English Language 4 Humanities & Social Sciences 1 MBA 1
Be the first one!