About this course
This programme is offered at Cyberjaya Campus under the Faculty of Computing and Informatics.
Given the mission as one of the main knowledge educators within the MSC, Multimedia University is committed to produce and train quality IT workers to help Malaysia leapfrog into the information age. To accelerate this production and meet the unprecedented demand for multimedia and IT professionals, Master of Information Technology (M.IT) in Multimedia Computing, an IT conversion course at the postgraduate level, is targeted at non-IT graduates, which form a readily available pool of potential students. The overall aim of the M.IT in Multimedia Computing is to produce quality computer professionals, who are well trained in the fundamentals of multimedia computing and able to make significant contribution to the MSC initiatives.
- to give an understanding of the information processing technologies used in multimedia systems, together with the software development skills necessary for their implementation;
- to give an understanding of the underlying principles of digital communication systems and the applications which run on them;
- to give a foundation in professional standards of software development: analysis, design, implementation, testing and documentation in digital multimedia systems;
- to give experience in both team working and individual working as a means of systems development;
- to inculcate an appreciation of the use of computers as part of larger systems, the safety and technical aspects of such usage;
- to inculcate an appreciation of the professional, ethical and legal obligations of an IT specialist,
- to provide the knowledge on the current state and future directions of technological advances in the use of networks for multimedia applications.
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree with Honours or CGPA of 2.50 and above in a non-related field from MMU or from another recognised University; or
- A Bachelor's Degree with Honours of CGPA between 2.00 and 2.50 in a non-related field, subject to a rigorous internal assessment process.
- Any other academic qualifications equivalent to (a) as approved by the Senate.
- A minimum overall TOEFL score of 580 (paper based) or 237 (computer based) or 92 (internet based) ; or
- A minimum IELTS (academic) overall band score of 6.5; or
- A credit in 1119 English Examination; or
- A minimum score of 580 in Multimedia University's English Language Proficiency Test; or
- A minimum MUET overall band score of 4; or
- Any other qualification which is of equivalent level as determined by the Senate of the University.
Let's see what you may also consider
National Defence University of Malaysia (UPNM)Malaysia