About this course
The Bachelor of Commerce is a flexible course that builds foundation business skills and allows students to explore options before settling on a path of study. Students can wait until the beginning of second year to choose a major, or start specialising in a particular discipline from day one. Depending on subject a double major can be completed within a three-year degree. Majors include:
- Actuarial Studies
Students will have access to a range of activities that complement what they learn in the classroom. They can participate in a case study competition, join a student society, learn from career mentors, network with government and industry leaders, consult for organisations in Melbourne and overseas or work on a community project in which they are passionate about.
To be eligible for entry to an undergraduate degree, students must fulfill all of the following requirements:
- Complete the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) or an equivalent Australian or overseas qualification
- Complete and achieve the required grades in each of the prerequisite subjects for the course and any prerequisite tests, interviews or auditions
- Meet the English language requirements
Undergraduate English requirements
- TOEFL: Paper based test - a score of 577 or more including a score of 4.5 in the Test of Written English; Internet based test - a score of 79.
- IELTS (Academic): an overall band score of 6.5 or more in the Academic International English Language Testing System (IELTS), with no bands less than 6.0.
- Pearson Test of English (Academic): an overall score of between 58-64 inclusive and achieve no PTE communicative skills score below 50.