Share this page with friends
Academia sits at the heart of the city of Oxford. Attracting over 32,000 students each year it is easy to see why so many choose to study and live in Oxford. Just a short journey from England’s capital, Oxford is famous for a variety of reasons including being the home to one of the top universities in the world, The University of Oxford. The quality of education that students can receive in the UK is world-renowned and globally acknowledged. If you’re thinking about studying in Oxford then here are 9 reasons why education in Oxford is like no other:
1. The University of Oxford has educated 28 Nobel prize winners including Dorothy Hodgkin, Malala Yousafazai and T.S Elliot. In 2020, Nobel Prize in Physics was jointly awarded to Roger Penrose, Reinhard Genzel and Andrea Ghez for their work on black holes. Roger Penrose is Emeritus Rouse Ball Professor of Mathematics at the University of Oxford, and emeritus fellow of Wadham College, Oxford.
2. The University of Oxford is one of the most international universities in world with 45% of the student’s population coming from overseas. It is easy to see how Oxford University was ranked first in the world by The Times Higher Education World ranking for 2021.
3. Spend your days studying and living in some of the world’s most renowned buildings. Christ Church, which was designed by Sir Christopher Wren, and Radcliffe Camera which is part of the Bodleian Library are to name a few. During their first year of studies students are allocated accommodation in one of the Universities Colleges meaning the walk to lectures is never far.
4. The University of Oxford is home to some of the most famous researchers in the World. Most recently the university has been known for their development and research of the Covid-19 Vaccine.
5. It is not just the University that Oxford is famous for. Hundreds of tourist’s flock to Oxford each year to go punting, an Oxbridge tradition that dates back to the 1880’s. Whether you choose to do it yourself or take one of the guided punting tours, it is a fun way to see the sights of Oxford and avoid the crowds.
6. It is not far from some of the UK’s top attractions. In less than an hour you can travel to London and catch one of the shows on the West End or see the famous paintings at the National Gallery.
7. Enhance your career prospects by studying in the UK. The University of Oxford and other universities across the UK are globally recognised as top institutions and have produced some of the world’s greatest scientists, lawyers and mathematicians.
8. Gain new experiences and learn about new cultures. Studying in a brand-new country is the perfect opportunity the learn about different cultures and experience a new kind of lifestyle. By meeting new people from around the world you will also make some amazing memories that will stay with you for life.
9. Improve upon your English Language skills. Studying abroad will help you to improve upon your fluency in English and help you to gain confidence in the language. Prior to your studies, Bucksmore Education can help you to boost your English language skills as well as help you to prepare for life at university on one of our courses tailored for international students.
These are just a small number of reasons as to why you should choose to study in a world-renowned City such as Oxford. Don’t just take our work for it though, visit our website to read our student testimonials and find out more about the courses that we can offer to help students prepare for studying in the UK.
For more information, you can check here- https://www.bucksmore.com/study-with-bucks…ducation-in-2021/
Posted on 04 Jan 2021