Admission to a graduate program is granted to students showing high promise of success. The College of Business uses various measures of high promise including the candidate’s performance on the graduate admission test and upper-division grade-point average. Such measures, along with other reasonable indications of promise, will be used in combination to arrive at a final judgment.
To be considered for admission to the MBA Program, applicants must submit the following documents:
- Completed application (Free on-line application can be completed at ferris.edu/admissions/application).
- Official course transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate colleges and universities previously attended, which include confirmation of a Bachelor degree from a regionally accredited university with an overall Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- A current resume
- A Statement of Purpose, approximately one page typed, explaining your reasons for seeking admission into the program you have selected. Your Statement of Purpose should show that you have taken steps to learn about our programs and are familiar with and prepared for on-line or mixed-delivery, accelerated courses. You should also explain what certificate or concentration you intend to pursue, what factors have influenced your decision to apply, and how this degree will help you achieve your short-term and long-term career goals.
- Three academic or professional recommendation letters attesting to your ability to succeed in graduate level studies.
- Official GMAT score of 500 or higher, OR GRE score in the upper 50% with a 2.5 or higher on the analytical writing portion. (Waiver of test requirement will be permitted if applicant has completed a previous Master’s or Professional Degree, or will be considered if the applicant has earned a Bachelor degree with a 3.5 or better GPA).
- Competencies in Statistics, Accounting and Finance, and Marketing as evidenced by a C or better grade in relevant coursework or 80% or better score on IvySoftware competency exams. These exams are available at no cost to MBA applicants.
Additional Requirements for International Students
- Copy of identification page(s) of your passport.
- Confidential Financial Statement signed by you or your sponsor.
- Original official bank statement from you or your sponsor representing funds for at least one academic year.
- Proof of English proficiency
- – TOEFL score of 70 on Internet based test with a writing sub score of 22 or higher
- – IELTS score of 6.5 with writing sub score of 6.0 or higher
- Accounting for Managers
- Information Systems Strategy
- Corporate Finance
- Managers & the Legal Envmnt
- Leadership & Org. Change
- Research Methodologies
- Global Business Management
- Strategic Marketing Decisions
- Managerial Economics
- Lean Enterprise Systems
- Business Strategy & Innovation
- The MBA Thesis