About Doane University
Doane University is known for its leadership in higher education, grounded in the university's commitment to academic excellence, innovation, community and a special sense of place for each individual. These are the values that have made Doane successful for more than 140 years and will help build an even stronger university for the future. Through this commitment to leadership, inquiry, values and engagement, Doane creates the ideal setting for experiences and connections with lifelong value. Our innovative approach to education integrates learning in the classroom with our students' work and life experiences. Doane puts an emphasis on:
- Producing leaders who have received a broad, liberal arts education linked closely to career and professional preparation.
- Providing graduates with appropriate academic programs and skills to prepare them for satisfying and profitable careers.
- Offering the distinctive Zenon C.R. Hansen Leadership Program, which promotes self-confidence and readies students for a future of independent thought and upward growth.
- Building an international and multicultural campus to enhance educational opportunities.
- Extending its education to strategic locations in Nebraska's metro regions and taking learning off-campus through internships, work and a variety of public events.
- Using an innovative approach to both traditional and nontraditional undergraduate and graduate education, making the university a leader in higher education in the Midwest.