About this course
The degree in Computer Science (Transfer Option) is intended to give the student the opportunity to explore many of the alternatives in the computer field before making a career choice, to provide a unique program in which computer courses can complement and supplement liberal arts studies, or to allow the student to complete the first two years of basic course requirements for most baccalaureate degrees in the computer field. The Computer Science - Transfer Option curriculum has set requirements at a minimum in order to give students the chance to choose courses that are required at their prospective transfer institutions.
The student/graduate will be able to:
- Utilize common desktop software (word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, etc.)
- Create applications using a current programming language.
- Successfully transfer to a four year college or university to pursue further education in a computer information systems related field.
- A copy of your transcript (grades) to the BC3 Admissions Office. If you have attended any other type of educational program or institution, we will also need a transcript of those academic records translated into the English language by World Education Service or Educational Credential Evaluators
- If English is not your native language, you must submit TOEFL test scores at minimum of 61 on the Internet-based or IELTS scores at a minimum of 5.