|Living cost||USD 1,500 per month|
|Student population||Medium (1,001 to 10,000)|
About Arcadia University
Arcadia University's beautiful and vibrant campus is located in Glenside, Pa., just 25 minutes by train from Center City Philadelphia.
Arcadia is proud to call Glenside our home. From fantastic local eateries and eclectic shops to a regional rail station, Glenside is an exciting neighborhood. Located just north of Philadelphia, Arcadia students experience the best of two worlds: a major metropolitan city and a small, close-knit suburban community.
The campus is conveniently located at the intersection of Route 309, Easton Road, and Church Road (Route 73), six miles south of the Pennsylvania Turnpike Fort Washington exit. Public transportation to campus is available via SEPTA (Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority), Greater Philadelphia’s public transit system. Hotels are available nearby in Fort Washington, Willow Grove, Plymouth Meeting and Center City Philadelphia.
As a residential student, you can expect:
- A housing guarantee: Every full-time, undergraduate student who submits a housing deposit by the posted deadline is guaranteed a space within our housing system.
- Supportive and accessible staff: Every residence hall is staffed with paraprofessional and professional staff members who create opportunities for fun, exciting activities, respond to concerns, and support an environment conducive to academic success.
- A safe, clean environment: From the Castle and traditional-style housing, to Knight Hall suites and fully-furnished apartments, Arcadia housing provides living environments that support students as they become more independent.
International Undergraduate Admissions
Below are the credentials that international students seeking an undergraduate degree must submit when applying to any major program at Arcadia University.
- Transcripts. Official High School Transcripts (in English). Original or certified true copy of the secondary school record with a literal translation in English performed by a licensed translator and signed in ink. The academic report should include a list of subjects studied, a qualitative rating on a course-by-course basis and an overall rating.
- Test Scores. International students must submit either SAT/ACT or Proof of English language proficiency meeting the following requirements:
- TOEFL minimum 71iBT (no individual section below a 17). Our TOEFL School Code is 2039.
- IELTS minimum 6.0 Band Score (no individual section below 5.0)
- ITEP minimum 4.5 (no section below 4.0)
- Two Letters of Recommendation. We require two letters of recommendation. One letter should be from an academic teacher (English, Math, Science, Social Studies or Foreign Language) and one letter should be from your school counselor. You may submit additional letters from individuals who know you well (e.g., coaches, work supervisors, etc.), but they are not required. You may submit the letters directly to our office or your school counselor may submit them with your transcript.
International Graduate Admissions
Below are the credentials that international graduate students must submit when applying to a graduate program at Arcadia University. Every program has a set of individual requirements unique to that program. Please see the individual program descriptions for a list of required credentials.
- A completed application
- Please note that students applying for the Doctorate of Physical Therapy or the Masters in Physicians Assistant cannot apply using the Arcadia University Application. Applicants for these degrees must apply through the centralized application system, and all credentials should be sent through the centralized system. Please see those programs’ descriptions for more information and the link to their applications.
- A Personal Statement
- Official University/College transcript. If the university/college attended is outside the US: a course-by-course transcript evaluation is required by a (NACES) National Association of Credential Evaluation Services member at www.naces.org/members.htm. Most students use WES.
- Proof of English language proficiency
- TOEFL minimum 80iBT (no individual section below a 18). Our TOEFL School Code is 2039.
- IELTS minimum 6.5 Band Score (no individual section below 5.5)
- ITEP minimum 4.5 (no section below 5.0).
- Letters of Recommendation
All credentials, except the NACES College Transcript Evaluations can be scanned and e-mailed to email@example.com for the preliminary admissions review to take place. The original hard copies will need to be mailed directly to Arcadia University at the following address:
Office of Enrollment Management
450 S. Easton Road
Glenside, PA 19038