The minimum entry requirement is a Level 3 qualfication in early years, e.g. Diploma in Childcare and Education, NNEB, CACHE Level 3 Diploma, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent. You will need to be employed in an appropriate setting and should normally have at least 3 years of experience post Level 3 qualification. Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning is offered for those who are unsure of the current value of their qualifications.
Year 1 modules – Level 1:
- Personal and professional development portfolio
- Child protection
- Child development (1)
- Inclusive education and special educational needs
- Multi-professional perspectives
- Assessment and assessment systems
- Providing information to support decision-making
- Action research portfolio
Year 2 modules – Level 2/3:
- Child development (2)
- Evaluate and use ICT to support children’s learning and development
- Develop own resources
- Work-based learning
- Work with parents to enhance their children’s learning and development
- Action research portfolio 2
- Action research special project module.
Special project – Level 3.