About this course
The HND in Health and Social Care (Applied Social Studies) at West Cheshire College focuses on areas of key learning for the health and social care sector; aiming to equip you with the knowledge, understanding and skills required for employment in the health and social care industry at a supervisory or management level. The course offers a combination of academic learning and work placement, looking fully at the important areas employees in this sector need to know. This means the HND in Health and Social Care will be of real benefit to those wishing to pursue or enhance their career within health and social care services.
- Students must be at least 18 years of age and possess one of the following qualifications:
- National Diploma or Certificate in a relevant discipline at merit or distinction
- Level 3 Extended Diploma/Diploma in a relevant discipline at merit or distinction
- 120 UCAS points obtained from A-levels or equivalent
- QAA accredited Access to HE Diploma
- NVQ level 3 industry related qualification
In addition students must also possess GCSE English Language and mathematics at grade C or above.