You will typically have one of the following;
- A BTEC Level 3 or other Level 3 qualification in a related subject (160 UCAS points).
- A minimum of 2 A Levels (A2) with one in a related subject at grade C or above (160 UCAS points).
- Access to HE with relevant options.
- Extensive relevant work experience – mature learners who have extensive work experience and / or professional qualifications in a related industry are welcome to apply.
- GCSE English Language or Literature at grade C or above
- Must be 18 years or over
The course is made up of eight units - three mandatory core units and five specialist units. The core units provide you with the underpinning knowledge required to understand key concepts in the discipline. The specialist units enable you to study particular areas in depth, thereby diversifying your professional knowledge.
The HNC consists of eight units:
- Business Skills for e-Commerce
- Computer Systems
- Employability and Professional Development
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Data Analysis & Design
- Object orientated Programming
- Networking Technologies
- Website Design
The HND consists of the following units:
- Project Design Implementation & Evaluation
- Networking Infrastructure
- Digital Image Creation & Development
- Data Structures & Algorithms
- Distributed Software Applications
- Java Programming
- Web Application Development
- Work Based Experience
The course presents a varied profile of achievement that is considered as continuous professional development for a range of professional qualifications in the work sector.