5 GCSEs grades A* C including English and science or a relevant Level 2 qualification, or equivalent, including knowledge of anatomy and physiology for sport at distinction level.
Students will study up to 19 units over 2 years (10 in year 1 and 9 in year 2) which will include the following modules:
- Anatomy for sport and exercise
- Sport and exercise physiology
- Research methods for sport and exercise sciences
- Research project in sport and exercise sciences
- Fitness testing for sport and exercise
- Exercise, health and lifestyle
- Fitness training and programming
- Instructing physical activity and exercise
- Practical team sports.
You will also have the opportunity to study for a Central YMCA Fitness Instructor Award (Level 1 in year one; Level 2 in year two), and other various Level 1 coaching qualifications (at an additional cost).