5 GCSEs grades A*-C including English and maths or a relevant Level 2 qualification.
- Communications and employability
- Computer systems
- Communication technologies
- Organisational systems security
- Information systems
- Procedural programming
- Principles of software design & development
- Website production and management
- Systems analysis & design
- Advanced database skills
- IT project
- Mathematics for IT practitioners
- Advanced spreadsheet skills.
Systems Support Specialist Units:
- IT technical support
- IT systems troubleshooting & repair
- Computer architecture
- Network basics (Cisco CCNA1)
- Routers and routing basics (Cisco CCNA2).
Software Development Specialist Units:
- Event driven programming
- Client-side customisation of web pages
- Human computer interaction
- Object orientated programming
- Principles of computer networks
- Developing computer games.
Functional Skills are a further element of the course and will enable learners to improve and achieve higher grades in numeracy, literacy and information technology.