Other costs apply
About this course
A requirement to work as a SENCO in the UK, this course is fully-funded for one year and results in a Postgraduate Certificate worth 60 credits at Master's level.
The National Award SENCo (NASC) is a statutory award for newly appointed Special Educational Needs Coordinators. The Post Graduate Certificate SENCo, offered by the University of Worcester, provides successful participants with this award.
For eligible applicants, this course is fully funded by the TDA. The course consists of 3 Modules mediated over a total of 10 contact days in the academic year. The course offered at the University is unique because:
- Better inclusive practices are ensured for learners with special educational needs
- Opportunities are provided to work with other SENCos in a diversity of settings
- Clear links are established between theory and practice
- A sound blend of face to face and virtual modes of learning is offered
- Former participants and their schools rate this course very highly
- The TDA mid-term course evaluation recognised its very high quality.