- 94 THE World University Rankings 2014-2015
- 55 QS World University Rankings 2014
- 117 THE World University Rankings 2013-2014
- 51 QS World University Rankings 2013
- 62 QS World University Rankings 2015
- 76 THE World University Rankings 2015-2016
- 65 QS World University Rankings 2018
|Campus setting||Information not available|
|Living cost||Information not available|
|Student population||Large (More than 10,000)|
About University of Glasgow
The University has three main campuses:
- Gilmorehill Campus is located in the west end of Glasgow, 3 miles from the city centre. This is where the grand main building and many of the University’s teaching and research facilities can be found.
- Garscube Campus is 4 miles away from the main campus. Here, the School of Veterinary Medicine and 4 Research Institutes in the College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences as well as the outdoor sports facilities can be found.
- Dumfries Campus is surrounded by 85 acres of parkland and gardens in the south west of Scotland, and home to the School of Interdisciplinary Studies.
- Buchanan Bus Station is the main terminus for long distance coaches.
- Intercity links to all major cities. Frequent services to Edinburgh (50 minutes) and London (5 hours). There are two city-centre terminals, Glasgow Queen Street and Glasgow Central (served by Buchanan St and St Enoch subway stations respectively).
- From Carlisle, Newcastle and the south, exit M74 on to the M73, joining the M8 at the Old Monkland junction. M8 exits for the University are J18 if travelling from the south, Edinburgh and the north and J19 if coming from Glasgow Airport and the west. Other main routes serving the University include Great Western Road (A82, north of campus), Clydeside Expressway (A814, south) and Byres Road (B808, west). Car parking on the University campus and surrounding area is extremely difficult.
The University of Glasgow has a number of undergraduate residences. postgraduate residences. Please note that later year undergraduate students may be allocated to Kelvinhaugh Street, Winton Drive or any of the undergraduate residences.
- Self-catered residences include:
- Cairncross House
- Firhill Court
- Murano Street Student Village
- Queen Margaret Residences
- Student Apartments
- Winton Drive
- Kelvinhaugh Street
- Kelvinhaugh Gat
- Lister House
- Maclay Residences
- Catered residence
- Wolfson Hall
- Dumfries Campus residences
- Dumfries Hall
- Brooke House
- Laurieknowe Hall
Courses available 10Accounting & Finance 2 Business, Management 2 Engineering 2 Humanities & Social Sciences 3 Mass Communication & Media 1
Be the first one!