About this course
Our Water and Environmental Management course provides training in the core scientific, technical and interdisciplinary skills essential for those seeking employment or research opportunities within water resource and environmental management fields.
You will acquire specialist knowledge and develop key analytical and scientific skills, particularly in the context of environmental legislation such as the EU Water Framework Directive.
This postgraduate programme recognises that, to meet the challenge of certain types of jobs in the water/environmental sector, many graduates in technical professions require a year of further academic specialisation in addition to their initial BEng or BSc awards. As a Water and Environmental Management student, you can:
- benefit from access to the state-of-the-art research facilities of the Aquatic Research Centre, as well as a large array of advanced aquatic field equipment
- tailor the course to your interests and career aspirations by selecting from a wide range of optional modules, including a work-based learning module involving a placement with a company or organisation in the water resource and/or environmental sector
- learn from and work alongside our world-leading academic researchers with expertise covering a range of disciplines relating to water resources and environmental management.
Note: Please contact us directly for exact tuition fees and for more information on this course.
Degree and/or experience:
- Degree (minimum 2:2) in civil engineering, environmental science or related discipline.
English Language Requirement:
- IELTS 6.5 overall, with 6.0 in writing and a minimum of 5.5 in the other elements.