About this course
This is an academic course with a high degree of vocational relevance. Its content and delivery are strongly underpinned by the team's expertise, research activities and - in many cases - first-hand experience. Industry expertise and application is drawn from areas as diverse as festivals, business events, marketing, consultancy, sport and leisure, all of which enrich the design and delivery of the course.
You will be expected to critically evaluate existing knowledge in the field of event management, debate key issues such as sustainability, ethical event production and legacy planning, and consider strategic responses to the environmental forces impacting the events industry.
Unique aspects of the course include:
- A critical analysis of the relationship between government policy and events
- Triple-level study of events at a macro, meso and micro level, covering global issues, policy and operations respectively
- An international approach and student body
Degree and experience:
- Honours degree with a minimum 2:2 equivalent from a NARIC-recognised institution, or an HND equivalent plus at least 5 years of relevant industry experience. Other applicants with extensive industry experience will be considered on an individual basis.
English Language Requirement:
- IELTS 6.5 overall, with 6.0 in writing and a minimum of 5.5 in the other elements.