About this course
Drawing on the expertise of our biogeography and ecology research group, this MRes programme advances your academic standing and enables you to conduct an original ecological research project.
It prepares you either for a PhD or for industry-based work, as you gain experience with a host of modern research methods and build on your theoretical knowledge of the subject area.
The research interests of our department include:
- wetland ecology and management
- GIS and landscape ecology
- conservation biology
- molecular ecology
- human-wildlife conflict
- mammal behaviour, ecology and conservation.
Degree and/or experience:
- Normally, a good first degree (upper second class honours) in a relevant scientific discipline (for example, ecology, environmental science, biology, zoology). Students with degrees that do not fall into this category, but have significant relevant experience, will also be considered.
English Language Requirement:
- IELTS 6.5 overall, with 6.0 in writing and a minimum of 5.5 in the other elements.