About this course
Working across the disciplines of architecture, art and cultural geography, our Architectural and Urban Design MA combines critical debate and creative practice to help you develop as a designer who will plan the urban environments of the future.
You will benefit from a supportive studio environment, two field trips and a variety of workshops and seminars, taught by active practitioners in architecture and urban design. You will engage with research on the analysis of cities and lead your own projects, speculating as to how cities will evolve and be used in the future.
The course is highly experimental and aims to stretch your imagination and critical ability. You will produce innovative portfolios and learn about the issues of global urban environments, expanding your knowledge beyond the usual subject boundaries.
Degree and/or experience
A good degree in a design-related subject. In exceptional circumstances, applicants may have several years of experience working in the design industry. You will need:
- Two references (one of which must be academic for recent graduates)
- Personal statement
- Portfolio (hard copy or suitable digital alternative)
English language requirements:
- IELTS is our preferred language qualification. The minimum requirement is a score of 6.5 overall with a 6.0 in writing. We also accept:
- GCSE – Grade C or higher in English Language
- IB – 5 in Standard-Level English or 4 in Higher-Level English