- Ranked 265 QS World University Rankings 2014
- Ranked 244 QS World University Rankings 2013
- Ranked 374 THE World University Rankings 2013-2014
- Ranked 228 QS World University Rankings 2015
|Campus setting||Information not available|
|Living cost||Information not available|
|International students||Information not available|
About Loughborough University
Amenities on campus include lecture theatres, laboratories, a major library and extensive IT network, an Arts Centre, two theatres, conference and hotel accommodation, restaurants, banks, shops, a health centre and Loughborough Students' Union, which is owned and run by our students. The University has the country's largest concentration of world-class training facilities across a wide range of sports, available for the enthusiastic amateur as well as elite performers.
These include an indoor athletics centre and outdoor stadium, sports halls and all-weather pitches, a 50 metre swimming pool, squash, badminton and netball courts, an indoor tennis centre and outdoor courts, and state of the art fitness centres. The locality and amenities at the University add up to a superb venue for both business conferences and private functions. Imago, the conference and events unit of the University, offers an array of facilities for meetings, seminars, conferences, exhibitions and events.
With its impressive 437 acre single-site campus, one of the largest in the UK, Loughborough University is less than two miles from the M1, close to East Midlands Airport and only 90 minutes by train from London St Pancras. Lying in the Borough of Charnwood, in the county of Leicestershire, Loughborough itself is a thriving large town that is a prominent high-technology centre for the East Midlands and a magnet for inward investment.
The town is also close to some fantastic countryside. Charnwood gets its name from the rocky Charnwood Forest to the west, now being replanted as the heart of the new National Forest. It contains some of the oldest rocks and fossils in Britain. In the centre of the area is the broad flat plain of the River Soar and to the east are the rounded rolling hills of the Leicestershire Wolds - with some of England's loveliest and most unspoilt villages. Close by is Bradgate Park (dating from at least 1240) with its roaming herds of red and fallow deer. The Park will be forever associated with England's 'Queen for Nine Days', the Lady Jane Grey, who lost her crown and her head to Mary Tudor, eldest daughter of Henry VIII.
Within easy travelling distance of Loughborough are the major cities of Leicester and Nottingham, boasting an array of shops, cafes, bars, clubs and other leisure facilities. Slightly further afield are the dramatic views of the Derbyshire Peak District, and Nottinghamshire’s Sherwood Forest, home of the legendary Robin Hood.
Loughborough University is committed to giving every student a distinctive and high quality Loughborough experience, which will result in a positive life long relationship with the University. Within the Halls of Residence, the community spirit is unrivalled by any UK University. Where you live and who you live with at the University will create some of the best memories of your University career. Each Hall has a vibrant community with its own distinctive character offering you a safe and secure environment in which to live, study and enjoy. Our Halls of Residence vary in style and size. Most residences are on campus, but all are conveniently situated for the campus and the town centre.
- CayleyCayley - 289 bedrooms
- Village David CollettDavid Collett - 318 bedrooms
- West Elvyn RichardsElvyn Richards - 406 bedrooms
- Village FaradayFaraday - 369 bedrooms
- Village RoyceRoyce - 375 bedrooms
- Village RutherfordRutherford - 304 bedrooms
- Village TowersTowers - 310 bedrooms
- Butler CourtButler Court - 272 bedrooms
- East Falkner EggingtonFalkner Eggington - 519 bedrooms
- Central Forest CourtForest Court - 144 bedrooms
- East Harry FrenchHarry French - 389 bedrooms
- East HazleriggHazlerigg - Rutland - 196 bedrooms
- Village John PhillipsJohn Phillips - 298 bedrooms
- Village Robert BakewellRobert Bakewell - 400 bedrooms
- Village Village CourtTelford - 482 bedrooms
- Village William MorrisWilliam Morris - 478 bedrooms
Courses available 10Accounting and Finance 3 Business and Management 1 Engineering 3 English Language 2 Humanities & Social Sciences 2 Mass Communication & Media 1
Be the first one!