About this course
This course is for students who wish to pursue a professional career as an actor, director or a drama teacher. The course is also suitable for those with a passion for theatre and would like to work in arts management or administration. Students will benefit from studying a wide range of acting techniques and exploring a variety of theatre genres and styles from different cultures and periods. They will gain experience and knowledge of Dance and Drama and gain the opportunity to develop your skills in singing, a variety of dance styles, music performance and technology, acting and movement. They will also be able to develop your skills within production, sound, lighting and video.
Admission requirements include:
- 5 GCSEs grade A* - C, including English and a subject relevant to a chosen area of study.
- Students with full Level 2 vocational qualifications with an overall Merit/Distinction will be considered alongside 2 GCSEs grade A* - C including GCSE English and a good reference.
- Students with full Level 2 vocational qualifications with an overall Merit/Distinction will be considered alongside a tutor's reference, at least 85% attendance and at least a pass at pre-GCSE English or functional skills literacy at Level 1.
- Students without a grade C or above in GCSE in English will take this as part of their programme of study.
- Some subjects will need a pass in pre-GCSE maths.
- Students with a Level 2 pass grade will only be accepted under exceptional circumstances.
- Students who have not yet passed pre-GCSE English or functional skills literacy at Level 1 will not be able to study on a vocational Level 3 programme and will be offered advice and guidance regarding an appropriate study pathway.
- For those 18 years or over and do not have these qualifications, they will need to show relevant experience, interest and a suitable level of ability. They will be required to attend an interview and audition.