Full-time & Part-time
Tuition fee (entire course)
Other costs apply
About this course
This programme aims to:
- A detailed understanding of applicable techniques for research and advanced academic enquiry relevant for Translation Studies.
- The creation and interpretation of new knowledge in Translation Studies, through original research or other advanced scholarship, of a quality to satisfy peer review, extend the forefront of the discipline, and merit publication.
- A systematic acquisition and understanding of a substantial body of knowledge in translation as an academic discipline or professional practice.
- The general ability to conceptualise, design and implement a project for the generation of new knowledge, applications or understanding at the forefront of the discipline, and to adjust the project design in the light of unforeseen problems.
- Possess or expect a good MA degree or, in the case of international students, an equivalent qualification in translation studies, in a language and culture subject, or in another relevant field.
- Submit a research project proposal which outlines succinctly the nature of the proposed research and which research methods / theories will be used.
English Language Requirements:
- Overall score of 7.5 and no less than 7.0 in any of the subtests (Listening, Reading, Writing, Speaking) in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) administered by the British Council.