Year 1 units:
- Health and Safety in the Engineering Workplace
- Mathematics for Technicians
- Electrical Electronic Principles
- Principles and Applications of Electronic Devices and Circuits
- Electrical Technology
- Electronic Measurement and Testing
- Features and Applications of Electrical Machines
- Selecting & Using Programmable Logic Controllers
- Telecommunications Principles
Year 2 units:
- Communications for Engineering Technicians
- Engineering Project
- Electronic Fault – Finding
- Further Mathematics for Engineering
- Principles and Applications of Analogue Electronics
- Construction and Applications of Digital Systems
- Principles and Operation of Three – phase Systems
- Three – phase Motors and Drives
Every learner at Central Sussex College who is under 19 will undertake a personal Study Programme designed to develop them academically, practically and personally. Study Programmes contain 3 essential elements:
- Subject Course – Vocational or chosen Academic subject, usually studied for 12 – 16 hours a week.
- English and Maths – Every learner will work towards Level 2 English and Maths (C grade equivalent). Learners who have achieved a Grade C will extend their English and Maths.
- 3E – Our own brand of specific entrepreneurship, enterprise and employability training.