In college you will study units relating to :
- Child Development
- Child Health
- Play and learning
- Supporting Children with Additional Needs
- Observation Assessment and Planning
- Preparation for School readiness
- Supporting Emergent Mathematics and Literacy
- Preparing for School Readiness
- International Perspectives
- Professional Partnership in Early Years
- Reflective Practice
- Two professional Practice Portfolios
Candidates must undertake the teaching of all units to enable them to pass the full diploma.
Every learner at Central Sussex College who is under 19 will undertake a personal Study Programme designed to develop them academically, practically and personally. Study Programmes contain 3 essential elements:
- Subject Course – Vocational or chosen Academic subject, usually studied for 12 – 16 hours a week.
- English and Maths – Every learner will work towards Level 2 English and Maths (C grade equivalent). Learners who have achieved a Grade C will extend their English and Maths.
- 3E – Our own brand of specific entrepreneurship, enterprise and employability training.
You will have specific time in your timetable for each of the three elements above and you will be expected to attend all elements throughout the year. Study programmes are designed to help you meet your maximum potential and progress to the next level of study of into work.