Students will continue to work in appropriate job roles or participate in a meaningful placement of not less than 12 hours per week while completing either degree pathway.
It is recognised that applicants are likely to have a wide variety of educational backgrounds and will be mostly people over the age of 21 who would not normally access higher education.
Usually students will have one year’s full-time post qualification experience at Level 3 before joining the programme. All applicants will be interviewed by a member of the programme team where they will need to evidence their capacity, through selection tasks, to engage successfully with degree-level study.
- Professional and Academic Development Portfolio
- Curriculum Implementation and Evaluation
- Social and Behavioural Aspects of Learning
- Sociology of Education
- Theoretical Perpectives of Learning
- English in the Curriculum
- Mathematics and Science in the Curriculum
- Special and Inclusive Education
- Safeguarding Children
- Work Based Enquiry