About this course
This programme is designed to extend and deepen an individual’s professional practice and apply an advanced body of knowledge in a range of fields of health and social practice which include: occupational therapy, nursing, midwifery, social work, counselling and human services. It will offer learning opportunities designed to inform your practice and develop valued knowledge in Treaty based practice. You will learn and grow professionally while undertaking interactive and experiential-based education.
This Postgraduate Diploma will extend your existing qualifications and will allow higher level professional development that is inter-disciplinary. Gain the skills to develop, analyse and generate solutions to complex and sometimes unpredictable problems. This qualification is relevant to practitioners from a wide range of practice contexts and the resulting inter-disciplinary interaction of health and social services practitioners will enhance and strengthen service delivery in the region.
Admission requirements include:
- Candidates are required to have gained: a) An undergraduate degree assessed as relevant by the Programme Manager, or b) a qualification approved as equivalent by the Programme Manager.
- Candidates who have not gained a relevant undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification may submit a portfolio and, if the application is successful, may be admitted on an ad eundum statem basis.
- Candidates whose first language is neither English nor Māori are required to have score of 7 or better in all bands of the International English Language Test Score (IELTS), or equivalent and will be required to demonstrate the likelihood of being able to successfully achieve programme learning outcomes.
- All candidates are required to supply the names and contact details of two professional referees.
- All candidates are required to complete a professional disclosure form.
- Candidates may be required to attend an individual interview.
- Candidates are required to have a minimum of two years post qualifying experience in their professional field of practice (or the equivalent as approved by the selection committee). This is in recognition of the requirement to have consolidated and developed their own practice to a level sufficient to embark in the role of supervisor of others.
Let's see what you may also consider
Unitec Institute of TechnologyNew Zealand