About this course
The Diploma in Beauty and Body Therapy offers you stimulating studies and provides a pathway to a career in many aspects of the health and beauty industry. This programme is designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge to work as a Beauty and Body Therapist. The Diploma in Beauty and Body Therapy covers a wide range of topics including facial therapy, manicures and pedicures, waxing and electrolysis, body treatments, anatomy and physiology of the human body, cosmetic chemistry and professional practice.
Applicants under 20 years
- 50 or more credits at Level 2 or above in the same year of 4 recognised NCEA subjects including English and Science or
- Completion of bridging programme such as Certificate in Preparation for Tertiary Study, at Level 3
- Completion of an overseas qualification which is considered by the Programme Area Leader to be the equivalent of the above.
Applicants 20 years and over
- No minimum academic requirements.
English Language Requirements
- An International English Language Testing System (IELTS) overall Academic score of 5.5 (with no Band less than 5) issued within the last 2 years or equivalent.
Let's see what you may also consider
Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)New Zealand