About this course
Economics in Utrecht examines issues combined with other fields of study, such as Geography, Law and Social Sciences. By approaching issues from different perspectives, students will learn to examine topics in a different light, such as the emergence of social media or growing unemployment in the Netherlands, and will learn to think in terms of solutions and consequences.
A student's insights will be enriched by the international learning environment offered by the Utrecht University School of Economics (USE). The language of instruction of the Bachelor's programme is English. Students come from more than 50 different countries. Besides crossing the Dutch border language-wise by teaching the bachelor programme in English, the programme also crosses other borders: geographical borders and the borders of other disciplines.
- a Dutch vwo secondary school diploma with mathematics A or B. More information is on the Dutch website; OR
- an international equivalent with Mathematics as required subject
- IELTS, Academic Module. Minimum score: 7.0 overall band, with at least a 6.0 for each component (writing, reading, speaking, listening). IELTS is the test preferred by Utrecht University.
- TOEFL, Internet based. Minimum score: 92, with at least 23 for writing, and at least 20 for the other sections (reading, speaking, listening). Institutional scores are not accepted. The TOEFL institution code for Utrecht University is 9062.
- Cambridge Certificates: Advanced English or Proficiency in English, minimum score C.