The contents of this page have expired.
You may have arrived here from an outdated link.
UNIVERSITIES WITH COURSES INBusiness and Management
UNIVERSITIES WITH COURSES INComputer Science and IT
UNIVERSITIES WITH COURSES INEngineering
UNIVERSITIES WITH COURSES INHotel Management and Hospitality
UNIVERSITIES WITH COURSES INMass Communication and Media
|# 367||QS World University Rankings 2014|
|Student population||Large (More than 10,000)|
|Nationalities||Contact the university / college|
About Tilburg University
Tilburg University (Dutch: Universiteit van Tilburg) or TiU is a public research university, specializing in the social and behavioral sciences, economics, law, business sciences, theology and humanities, located in Tilburg in the southern part of the Netherlands. TiU was established in 1927 with a current student population of about 14,000 students, about 8 per cent of whom are international students. TiU offers both Dutch-taught and English-taught programs.
TiU’s goal is to actively contribute to society, making things better for all citizens. TiU has always actively promoted ways to firmly embed education and research in society. Its mission of Understanding Society is based on the Christian and humanist root traditions. Important basic principles are sustainability and diversity in the context of corporate social responsibility. Tilburg University is convinced that it can contribute to solving social issues by developing and transferring knowledge and bringing together people from various disciplines and organizations.
Tilburg university offers high-quality academic programs in different fields. These unique programs provide outstanding academics. These programs are under the following schools:
- Tilburg School of Economics and Management
- Tilburg Law School
- School of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- School of Humanities
- School of Theology
- TiasNimbas Business School
|IELTS||Contact the university / college|
|TOEFL||Contact the university / college|
For admission requirements and intakes for each individual course/programme please refer to course details.
Courses available 10
Tuition and application fees
Contact the university / college
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
|Application fee (local students)||Contact the university / college|
|Application fee (international students)||Contact the university / college|
|Student visa fee (international students)||Contact the university / college|
Contact the university / college
Average cost in Netherlands
The amount is indicated taking into account the average cost of food, accommodation, etc in Netherlands for 2023
|Food||Contact the university / college|
|Accommodation||Contact the university / college|
|Others||Contact the university / college|
Tilburg University has a green, compact campus in beautiful wooded surroundings. TiU's campus has a modern library with state-of-the-art study and work space. Across the campus there are cybercafés, e-learning centers, and modern individual and group work space. At TiU, studying and playing sports can be easily combined. At the Sports Center, there are organized sports activities in approximately 45 different sports. Moreover, talented student athletes and a number of ‘varsity sports' such as field hockey and rowing are comprehensively supported by the university.
- Visitors travelling by stop-train (from Eindhoven, Breda and 's-Hertogenbosch) can take the 'Tilburg Universiteit' NS train station which is just a few minutes walking from Tilburg University.
- Travellers on fast intercity trains need to get off the train at 'Tilburg Centraal Station' (downtown) and can reach Tilburg University from there by cab approximately € 15, bus (bus line 4), or a connecting stop-train to 'Tilburg Universiteit'.
- From train station Tilburg, the Tilburg University can be reached by taking bus number 4 (7 days a week). Travelers need to get off at bus stop 'Universiteit van Tilburg'.
- Bus number 2, 3 and 131 can also be taken to bus stop 'Conservatoriumlaan': from there on travelers need to walk westwards some 400 meters along the Professor Cobbenhagenlaan. The campus can also be reached by bus from train station Tilburg Reeshof: bus '4 Elisabeth Zkh'.
- All names of the bus stops will be mentioned electonically and will be shown digitally.
Large (More than 10,000)
|Undergraduate students||Contact the university / college|
|Postgraduate students||Contact the university / college|
|International students||Contact the university / college|