- Bachelor Degree in the field of Geology, Geophysics, Petroleum Engineering or Applied Sciences from UTP or other recognised universities.
- Candidates must hold a BSc Degree with minimum CGPA 3.00/4.00 OR 2nd Class Upper Division OR equivalent in the relevant field from a recognized university.
- Applicants with other qualifications can be considered if they have the necessary research and working experience and could show capabilities to pursue postgraduate studies.
The curriculum is meticulously developed with inputs drawn from the experience of Institut Francais du Petrole (IFP) Paris and experts from the oil and gas industry in Malaysia and other parts of the world. The programme is also designed to accommodate working professionals who would be able to utilise their work experience in projects. For fresh graduates, there will be opportunities to work on real projects with various petroleum companies.
There are 12 technical modules, fieldwork , Individual Industry Project (IIP) and 2 management electives to be completed over 4 semesters.
Each technical module of is of three-week duration.
- Semester 1: 3 Technical Modules, Fieldwork, two Management Electives
- Semester 2: 4 Technical Modules
- Semester 3: 4 Technical Modules
- Semester 4: Four months Individual Industry Project (IIP) & Dissertation
- Examinations are held at the end of every two technical modules.