- Ranked 6 SETARA 2013
- Ranked 141 THE World University Ranking Asia
- Ranked 101 QS University Rankings : Asia 2016 / 17
|Living cost||US$ 192 per month|
About Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP)
Teaching and Research Laboratories
UTP has made a conscious effort to ensure that the teaching and research facilities are built and maintained to enable efficient academic delivery, as well as support groundbreaking research and development.
Our state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities are specifically designed to:
- Provide a conducive learning environment
- Enable the creation of well-rounded graduates
- Instill students with high technical competence
- Motivate students to realise their full potential
- Enable critical thinking, creativity and promote business acumen and communication skills
Sports and Recreation Facilities
Apart from ensuring students have access to world-class academic facilities, UTP also makes physical fitness and co-curricular competitiveness a priority. All students will enjoy full access to an array of sports and recreation facilities in our dedicated sports complex.
UTP Health Centre
The wellbeing and health of our students and faculty are among our top priorities. UTP has its very own health centre – staffed by experienced medical personnel – to provide emergency and routine health services 24 hours, 7 days a week.
UTP is nestled in a 400 hectare area within the quaint yet developing locale of Bandar Seri Iskandar in the state of Perak, Malaysia.
- 40KM from state capital of Ipoh
- 213KM from nation's capital of Kuala Lumpur
- By car via Ipoh - Lumut Highway – Southbound
- By car via North - South Expressway Gopeng / Simpang Pulai Exit – Northbound
- Via local Flight to Sultan Azlan Shah Airport
- Via bus to Batu Gajah Town
UTP has a dedicated student services unit to assist students in residential related matter like off and on-campus housing, understanding tenancy information and dealing with agents and landlords. Generally, the rooms provided on campus are on a two-bedded or twin-sharing basis.
Student will be provided with accommodation for their whole education period in UTP. The cost of accommodation at UTP is at RM260/month (*USD60/month) for both Foundation Programme and Undergraduate Programme
*1USD = RM4.35 (subject to the currency exchange rate)
Why Choose Universiti Teknologi Petronas
Advanced Sustainable Research
The only private university in Malaysia to achieve 6-Star Rating in Malaysia Research Assessment (MyRA) for its outstanding achievement in Research, Development and Innovation.
UTP is the only Private Institution to be rated QS 5 Star Ranking in Malaysia.
One of the best private universities in Malaysia and is in the top 300 in the World for Engineering and Technology Faculty. The courses offered are also industry relevant which helps to develop world-class talents.
UTP Has World Class Teaching and Research Facilities which attracts students from over 66 different countries.