About this course
UTP's foundation programme is specifically designed for students who have successfully completed their O-Level, SPM or equivalent. The Foundation Programme is also to academically prepare students for admission into UTP degree programmes. Students will acquire basic knowledge and learn relevant skills as preparation for the degree programme of their choice.
- To prepare students with sufficient analytical skills and essential knowledge in fundamental sciences and mathematics for pursuing an education in engineering and technology.
- Upon successful completion, students will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of science and mathematics in problem solving
- Apply analytical skills to interpret and solve problems
- Communicate effectively in English
- Adopt behavior that reflects good values in learning
- Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM): Pass SPM/ SPMV with at least five (5) Credits (Grade C) inclusive of Bahasa Melayu, Bahasa Inggeris, Mathematics AND any other two (2) non-language subjects.
- O-Level or equivalent: Pass O-Level with at least five (5) credits (Grade C); AND at least Grade C in Mathematics AND any other two (2) non-language subjects.