- MBBS/MD/MBChB degree from a recognised university or any other relevant qualifications and be registered with the Malaysian Medical Council.
- Minimum 2 years experience after graduation, either in hospitals or other institutions.
- Malaysian applicants are also required to attend a pretest/interview before the final selection.
- In good mental and physical condition.
For International Applicants only:
- A minimum score of 550 in TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- A minimum score of 6.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- Results must be attached with the application form.
Clinical / Lab Attachment
Foreign candidates are required to undergo clinical/lab attachment of 3 to 6 months at the School of Medical Sciences. Their performance will be assessed by the Head of Department prior to being formally admitted to the Master of Medicine programme.
- Phase I - The fundamentals of Medical Sciences.
- Phase II - Various subspecialities will be conducted in rotation.
- Phase III - Each candidate will be placed as a 'Consultant-in-Training' and be expected to function independently in resource and patient management. Candidates are encouraged to carry out case studies to understand the general processes of diseases and gain experience in research principles and methodologies. Candidates are also required to submit a dissertation based on a research project conducted during the course