About this course
The School Medical Sciences was established in 1979 to cater for the need of training undergraduate medical students. Since 1988, the School Of Medical Sciences has embarked on postgraduate medical training and has so far produced specialists in various clinical specialities to meet the need of the country. Currently eighteen postgraduate specialist training programme are on offer and all are conducted by coursework. The courses lead to the conferring of the specialist degree of Masters of Medicine (M.Med) and those available to:
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetric and Gynaecology
- Family Medicine
- Otorhinolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery
- Emergency Medicine
- Neurology (Advanced Master)
- MBBS/MD/MBChB degree from a recognised university or any other relevant qualifications and be registered with the Malaysian Medical Council.
- Minimum 2 years experience after graduation, either in hospitals or other institutions.
- Malaysian applicants are also required to attend a pretest/interview before the final selection.
- In good mental and physical condition.
For International Applicants only:
- A minimum score of 550 in TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- A minimum score of 6.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- Results must be attached with the application form.