About this course
As the first and only architecture programme in Macao, the Bachelor of Architecture enables students to develop the creative abilities and technical skills necessary to become an effective and respected professional in Macao and the wider world. Addressing the full spectrum of relevant technological, urban, economic, environmental, social, theoretical, and historical issues, the curriculum emphasises ethics as well as expertise, requiring students to constantly evaluate the consequences of their work on the built environment and the natural world. Topics range from contemporary digital design techniques to architectural heritage preservation, and the entire course is founded on an appreciation of the importance of sustainability and resource conservation.
- Applicants must possess a secondary school diploma that represents the successful completion of 12 years of schooling, or its equivalent, (applicants aged 25, or above, may be exempted from this requirement).
- Bachelor applicants must be currently enrolled, or have completed, Form 6 / Senior Middle Three / Grade 12 students and be aged 17, or above, at the expected time of enrolment into USJ.
- Applicants must also demonstrate adequate English proficiency.
- Selected applicants may be required to complete an English test and an admission interview.
- Other tests (e.g. essays or group dynamics and other language placement tests) may be requested of applicants, depending on the selected programme.