About this course
Events are a huge global business with many well-paid jobs. Graduates with creativity and the desire to organise things have great opportunities here.
With a strong international orientation, the International Event Management programme prepares you for a career in the international event, trade fair and media industry. Potential employers include event and PR agencies, corporate marketing departments, international exhibition and conference organisers, associations, and cultural and sporting events.
Our professors and lecturers attach great importance to the close integration of theory and practice. Most of them have themselves gained many years of specialist and management experience on an international level – and would like to share it. They do this for example through case studies, projects and field trips to renowned companies.
- High School Diploma, or IB Diploma, or university entrance qualification or equivalent qualification* and transcript of records.
*Equivalent qualifications from foreign schools and IB diplomas are recognised accordingly..
- If you have not graduated yet, you may apply with your existing transcript of records (incl. grades and credits, if applicable) for a conditional acceptance.
- Your final High School Diploma and Transcript of Records needs to be submitted in original or certified copy upon starting your studies.
English language skills
- Academic IELTS 6.0
- TOEFL IBT 80 points
- PTE 56 points
- Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency
IUBH Entrance examination
Depending on your grades and country of origin, an entrance examination may be required.
The entrance exam may be conducted remotely and consists of a written and an oral exam. The written part of the exam is computer-based and takes approximately 2.5 hours. It is composed of the following sections (1-3):
- General Knowledge: Multiple choice questions (30 minutes)
- Mathematics and Logic: Mental arithmetic, conversion exercise, math word problems, logic (60 minutes)
- English Grammar and Comprehension: English reading, “fill-in-the-blank“, grammar questions (60 minutes)
- English Oral Exam: Interview (15 minutes)
Depending on your secondary school leaving certificate, grades and country of origin, you may need to undertake the IUBH Pathway Programme, with guaranteed progression into Bachelor when passed successfully.
- Business Statistics
- Principles of Organisation & HR Management
- Principles of Service Marketing & Management
- Financial Accounting
- Introduction to International Events
- Applied Management of International Events
- Business Mathematics
- Management and Cost Accounting
- Trade Fairs & Exhibitions
- Sport Events
- Cultural Events
- Principles of Research and Academic Writing
- Corporate Events
- Financial Management
- Meeting Industry Project
- Business and Marketing Research
Chose one out of five majors:
- International Event Management
- Sustainable Hospitality & Event Management
- Digital Marketing
- Human Resource Management
- International Studies (semester abroad)
- German Law
- International Law
- Entrepreneurship & New Venture Management
- Principles of PR and Media
- Digital Media
- Advanced Research and Academic Writing
- Intercultural Aspects of Events
- Advanced Event Studies
- Bachelor Thesis & Colloquium